|"A Closer Look"|
| Season 7, Episode 23|
#146 in series (193 episodes)
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United States|
|Air date||April 11, 1990|
|Written by:||Bill Bryan, Fred Rubin & Bob Underwood|
|Directed by:||Howard Ritter & Harry Anderson|
|Guest stars:|| Bob Sarlatte|
|IMDb||A Closer Look|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Still Another Day in the Life"|| "The Blues of the Birth"|
(Season 7 finale)
|List of Night Court seasons/episodes|
|"A Closer Look"|
|Full Credits||Scripts||More Images|
Harry, his court and co-workers come under the sharp journalistic eye of a TV reporter doing a story on typical night court events.
An investigative TV reporter from a popular local area tabloid TV news program "A Closer Look" is watching everyone's daily duties in the court as they all have to be on their toes.
Did You Know?
- Audio/visual unsynchronised
When Mac is talking about what he does with his computer, a video game pops up that is Super Mario Brothers the original first game but the sound that plays is from Super Mario Brothers 2.
- Pac-Man (video game) - In-game audio is overlaid during gameplay of Super Mario Bros.
- super Mario bros. (video game) - The gameplay footage is shown on a computer monitor.
[discussing plea deals before session]
- Dan: Mackinaw.
- Christine: Now this guy, he's a family man. Do you have to charge him with indecent exposure?
- Dan: A guy shows up at a public beach wearing nothing but a hot dog bun and relish, what am I supposed to charge him with?
- Christine: Vending without a license?
- Harry (Judge Stone): You robbed an international house of pancakes? How waffle!
- Dan: Your Honor, this is the second time the defendant has been tried for robbing the Manhattan Butcher Shop.
- Harry (Judge Stone): So we *meat* again. Looks like someone hasn't *loined* his lesson. Well, apparently he doesn't realize what's at *steak* here.
- Harry (Judge Stone): [as the courtroom clears unamused] Hey, where you going? This is *prime* stuff.
- Ed Druthers: So how does a man get lost in the system for 41 hours?
- Mac: In this case, Borelli was arrested at the 33rd Precinct. Some doofus put him on a bus to the women's jail instead of here.
[cut to Druthers interviewing Borelli]
- Ed Druthers: You were sent to a women's detention center, de-loused in jail with 300 women. Why didn't you say anything?
- Mr. Borelli: [shrugs] Would you?
Cast (in credits order)
- Harry Anderson as Harold T. Stone
- Charles Robinson as Mac Robinson
- John Larroquette as Dan Fielding
- Markie Post as Christine Sullivan
- Richard Moll as Bull Shannon
- Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell