|"Dan, The Walking Time Bomb"|
| Season 5, Episode 12|
#91 in series (193 episodes)
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United States|
|Air date||January 7, 1988|
|Written by:||Gary Murphy & Larry Strawther|
|Directed by:||Tim Steele|
|Guest stars:|| Elayne Boosler|
Patrick Thomas O'Brien
|IMDb||Dan, The Walking Time Bomb|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Let It Snow"||"Hit the Road, Jack"|
|List of Night Court seasons/episodes|
Dan, the Walking Time Bomb was the 12th episode of Season 5 of Night Court, also the 91st overall series episode. Written by Gary murphy and Larry Strawther, the episode was directed by Tim Steele. The episode, which aired on NBC-TV, first aired on January 7, 1988.
|"Dan, the Walking Time Bomb"|
|Full Credits||Scripts||More Images|
Dan frantically tries to rid himself of a briefcase containing a time bomb that someone has handcuffed to his wrist while Joy demands that Bull treat her as he would a sighted woman. Also, Dan's real name is revealed to the staff. Menwhile, Bull walks around the courtroom in a blindfold, trying to empathize with Joy's blindness.
Dan frantically tries to rid himself of a briefcase containing a time bomb that someone, who happens to be an old high school accquaintance named Ernie "Stinky" Carter (Patrick Thomas O'Brien) who holds a grudge against him for ruining his high school science project, and thus, "ruining his life", has handcuffed to his wrist while Joy (Elayne Boosler) demands that boyfriend Bull treat her as he would a sighted woman. Also, Dan's real name, "Reinhold" is revealed to the staff.
- Ernie Carter: Excuse me, Mr. Fielding?
- Dan: distracted] Just a second, Len, I'll be with you in a moment...
[Ernie handcuffs a briefcase to Dan's wrist]
- Dan: Hey, what the hell is this?
- Ernie: It's a bomb, Dan!
[he opens the briefcase, showing it's full of dynamite. Dan gasps in disbelief]
- Ernie: It's going off in thirty minutes.
[Dan gasps again]
- Ernie: [holds up a remote] Or sooner, if I push this little button.
[Dan gasps twice]
Cast (in credits order)
- Harry Anderson as Harold T. Stone
- Charles Robinson as Mac Robinson
- John Larroquette as Dan Fielding
- Markie Post as Christine Sullivan
- Richard Moll as Bull Shannon
- Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell