| Season 7, Episode 14|
#137 in series (193 episodes)
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United States|
|Air date||January 24, 1990|
|Written by:||Leonard Mlodinow & Scott Rubenstein|
|Directed by:||Tim Steele|
|Guest stars:|| John Astin|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Razing Bull"||"Wedding Bell Blues (Part 1)"|
|List of Night Court seasons/episodes|
Futureman' was the second 14th episode of Season 7 of Night Court, and the 137th overall episode in the series. Written by Leonard Mlodinow and Scott Rubenstein, the episode, directed by Tim Steele, originallly aired on NBC-TV on January 24, 1990.
|Full Credits||Scripts||More Images|
Dan is held hostage in the courtroom by two thugs but a man from the future — VHK 937 — appears on a mission to save him.
A man claiming to be from the future (and armed with a working laser gun) takes the courtroom hostage, while two street punks are holding Dan. Bull tries the whole range of remedies for getting rid of his hiccups.
Did You Know?
- Sudden Impact (1983 Clint easwood film) - "Make My Day?"
- Gilligans Island - Quote - "Buddy, we couldn't very well tell people that you spent a year tryin' to figure out ways to get Gilligan off the island."
- The Jetsons (TV series) - Title reference to the animated TV series ismade
- Mac: (looking at Buddy's resume) - What is this, Buddy? It says here you spent 1971 on a meditative sabbatical.*Buddy: - Well, Harry dreamed that one up.
- Harry: (Judge Stone) - I came up with 10,000 ideas.
- Mac: - Ideas? Like, building a bamboo raft?
- Buddy: 10,000 and one!
- Bull: Anybody know a cure for hiccups?
- Dan: Yes, staple your lips together.
- Bull: That didn't work.
- Harry (Judge Stone): [trying to resolve the hostage situation in the courtroom from the hallway] Okay, there's no time to spare. Mac, you call...
- Mac: [way ahead of Harry] Call the SWAT team and see if VHK-937 is a known alias.
- Harry (Judge Stone): And Roz, you check the local...
- Roz: [way ahead of Harry] Check the local mental hospitals and see if they're missing any patients with a laser gun.
- Harry (Judge Stone): [alone, so basically to no one] ... Don't just stand there, guys. Get moving.
- Harry (Judge Stone): Surely, murder is not the only answer.
- VHK-937: Alright. We'll give them a choice.
[to Dan and the Montez bros]
- VHK-937: Death or castration?
- Dan, Chico & Pico Montez: [brief pause, but the obvious answer] Death!
Cast (in credits order)
- Harry Anderson as Harold T. Stone
- Charles Robinson as Mac Robinson
- John Larroquette as Dan Fielding
- Markie Post as Christine Sullivan
- Richard Moll as Bull Shannon
- Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell