| Season 5, Episode 18|
#97 in series (193 episodes)
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United States|
|Air date||March 28, 1988|
|Written by:||Tom Reeder|
|Directed by:||Jeff Melman|
|Guest stars:|| Yakov Smirnoff|
Kary Lynn Vail
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Heart of Stone"||"Jung and the Restless"|
|List of Night Court seasons/episodes|
Russkie Business was the 18th episode of Season 5 of Night Court, also the 97th overall series episode. Written by Tom Reeder, the episode was directed by Jeff Melman. The episode, which aired on NBC-TV, first aired on March 28, 1988.
|Full Credits||Scripts||More Images|
Yakov returns for some help in getting a visa to return to Russia to visit his mother. Johnny Carson appears as himself.
Yakov needs a visa to re-visit the Soviet Union and see his sick mother. When he is denied, Harry takes up his cause, but is stunned by the arrival of a beautiful Russian consul. Christine is crippled by embarrassment when Harry makes an offhand remark about a near-invisible birthmark over her eye.
Did You Know?
- The episode title is taken from the 1983 movie Risky Business.
You Do Something to Me (uncredited) Written by: Cole Porter Sung by: Barbara Schillaci
- Yakov Korolenko: Give her hell, Harry!
- Harry: (referring to Yakov) How are we gonna get the guy a visa?
- Ludmila Federova: He cannot have one, ever. I cannot ignore the law and let a possible subversive back into my country.
- Harry:: Oh, come on! We both know he's not a subversive! He's just some poor schlep who wants to go home and visit his mom!
- Ludmila: What is meaning of "sch-lep"?
- Harry: Well, uh, let's see. Uh... you remember Jimmy Carter?
- Yakov: What are you giving me, red tape? What does a person supposed to do to get some justice around here?
- Harry: Well, you might start by explaining why you're acting like such a...
- Dan: Yack-ass? [Dan then laughs]
- Bull: Sorry, guess she wasn't interested.
- Johnny Carson: (Inquiring about Christine, whom he sees in the cafetria and wishes to take out on a date) I'm sorry to hear that...
- Bull: Excuse me, but... aren't you married now?
[Carson furrows his brow]
- Johnny Carson: I...I don't know!
Cast (in credits order)
- Harry Anderson as Harold T. Stone
- Charles Robinson as Mac Robinson
- John Larroquette as Dan Fielding
- Markie Post as Christine Sullivan
- Richard Moll as Bull Shannon
- Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell
Guest stars/Recurring characters/cast
- Yakov Smirnoff as Yakov Korolenko
- Irena Ferris as Ludmila Federova
- Barbara Schillaci as Marina
- Allan Kolman as Dimitri
- Kary Lynn Vail as Squid
- Special guest star:
- Johnny Carson as Himself