|"Santa on the Lam"|
| Season 9, Episode 11|
#182 in series (193 episodes)
|Network/Country:||NBC-TV / United States|
|Air date||December 11, 1991|
|Written by:||Lee Maddux|
|Directed by:||Howard Ritter|
|Guest stars:|| Joleen Lutz|
|IMDb||Santa on the Lam|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Get Me to the Roof on Time"||"Shave and a Haircut"|
|List of Night Court seasons/episodes|
|"Santa on the Lam"|
|Full Credits||Scripts||More Images|
On Christmas Eve Dan tries to show a disillusioned Santa that the holiday spirit still exists as Harry tries to get away from a depressing lonely soul he's befriended.
Mr. Billachi, an elderly former department store Santa, is brought into court for attacking the robot that replaced him. Disheartened by the commercialism of Christmas, he announces his intention to commit suicide, and Dan is the unlikely person who has to convince him that Christmas is still a time of giving and goodwill. His task is made harder by the fact that his normally cheerful co-workers are all complaining loudly about the mess-ups in their holiday plans.
Did You Know?
- Reruns leave out the "naughty and nice" exchange before the woman tells Santa what she wants for Christmas.
- The title refers to the American slang for "a hasty departure" especially when dealing with criminal activities and dates to about 1900.
- Deck the Halls (uncredited) - Traditional tune, lyrics by Thomas Oliphant
Performed by the carolers
- Silent Night - Written by Franz Xaver Gruber and Joseph Mohr, performed by the carolers
- The Christmas Song - Written by Mel Tormé and Robert Wells, performed by the carolers
- Jingle Bells - Written by James Pierpont, performed by the carolers
Cast (in credits order)
- Harry Anderson as Harold T. Stone
- Charles Robinson as Mac Robinson
- John Larroquette as Dan Fielding
- Markie Post as Christine Sullivan
- Richard Moll as Bull Shannon
- Marsha Warfield as Roz Russell
Guest stars/Recurring characters/cast
- Joleen Lutz as Lisette Hocheiser
- Mike Finneran as Art Fensterman
- Mel Tormé as Himself (special guest star)
- Hansford Rowe as Mr. Billachi
- Terri Hanauer as Miss Hendley
- Mary Garripoli as Secretary
- Lisa Melilli as Bambi
- John Brennan as New York Lawyer (uncredited)
- Dorothy Andrews as Cashier (uncredited)